Tuesday 20 November 2012

I Left you There

We skipped across the moonlit lawn
Your porcelain hand in mine
I remember the day that we first met
Sends shivers down my spine

I watched you through the patchwork cloth
Your smile was my delight
I took the key beneath your mat
I stole you in the night

I bound your wrists with nylon rope
The kind that leaves a scar
I forced your hunched and crumpled form
Into my waiting car

We drove all night, we drove so far
We drove until the shore
I held your lovely supple neck
I made you whisper 'more'

I held you tight as youwould fight
I held you in the brine
I took you home so you could murmur
A delighted shallow whine

You sat in stoney silence dear
With a glassy vacant stare
I whispered in your china ear
We made our peace right there

I took your hands and feet apart
I washed you in the bath
I placed you on the mantelpiece
So you could always laugh

We skipped across the moonlit lawn
Your porcelain hand in mine
I left you on the garden bench
My sweet and cold divine

No comments:

Post a Comment